Friday, February 15, 2008

Sapphires, tourmaline, opals...oh, my!











My favorite bead shop is having a sale and I've managed to scoop up some amazing little beauties to add to my supplies. It's a bittersweet purchase, though. Skanda is closing their Vancouver store for what looks like a long while, if not permanently. Just another victim of Vancouver's insane real estate market, their lease came up and despite their success and reputation they can't afford to stay. So looks like my future holds some buying trips to their store in Victoria. For now, I'm hording all the beads I can!

1 comment:

The Downtown Boutique said...

Looks like you have a beautiful collection of gemstones. I can imagine the fun you have with those.
I'm sorry to hear that your favorite shop is closing. That's a bummer!