Friday, October 9, 2009

More wedding pics



I recently opened a Flickr account so that I could share my pictures with a few people I know who (shocked gasp) don't do Facebook. I thought I'd post a few more of the shots I took for Kas and Nick's wedding. I'm pretty proud of what my little Rebel DSLR can do with little more than its stock lens and some lucky lighting conditions. For my birthday I got a polarizing filter for my lens which cuts through reflective surfaces like water and metal. This Christmas I'll be putting a few more accessories on my list in the hopes it'll help get my photography to the next level.
#1 on my list is an external flash. Great for shooting jewelry since it saves one the trouble of having to build a lightbox or depend on natural lighting conditions.
#2 is a light diffuser for the external flash. Great for shooting people in low light conditions because it brings out a more natural skin tone and softens the image.
#3 is a camera bag, like this one that I can put all of these little goodies into to keep them safe.







2 comments:

cabin + cub said...

Wow.. those are gorgeous photos!
Thanks for stopping by our booth and buying a print!...sorry I missed you that day... we were all taking turns, so that we could catch up on sleep! ;)

cabin + cub said...

oops.. sorry.. i just realized i posted the wrong comment.. so embarrassing!

great photos!