Sunday, November 22, 2009

Open House Craft Fair


that's what we like to see - a line up for the till!

This past weekend was the first of this year's Christmas craft shows for Frost Collections. It was also the one we look forward to most.
For the past 4 or 5 years, my good friend Linda has graciously opened her doors to fellow crafters and artists and offered to host a Christmas craft fair in her lovely home. It's a warm and inviting place both for vendors and customers who get a chance to mingle with each other in a much more personal setting. Guests are invited to come in from the cold and indulge in some snacks and hot cranberry tea while browsing the many beautiful items available for sale.
This year's artists included Smidgebox (aka Lesley) and her lovely hand sewn goods, Jenny and Judy with their pretty paper arts and many other talented people showing their quilts, jewelry, woodwork and more. Our host, Linda, introduced her new line of lamp work beads that are just stunning and have me thinking maybe I should get a little more experimental with my kiln.
Next weekend we show at Portobello West. It's Saturday and Sunday from 12pm-6pm and I'm always excited about this one. Lots of people and lots of great shopping for me to spend all my profits on :)

our wax encaustic paintings


some of linda's exquisite felt work and jewelry




No comments: