Monday, November 30, 2009

Portobello West

our table at portobello this weekend

This weekend we had a booth at Portobello West in Vancouver. I'd forgotten how exhausting these big shows can be. Hours of standing in one place and smiling can take its toll, but it's always worth it in the end. I have to admit, I do enjoy it and getting the chance to meet some other really great artists and designers is always a huge plus.
As always, I managed to get a bit of Christmas shopping done. I bought a lovely leather journal from Patina Designs, which unfortunately I don't have a picture of because I've already given it away! I also got these great Cowichan style mittens from Granted.
We got lots of compliments on our table set up this year. As an alternative to typical jewelry stands and easels, we used things from around the house that went with our rustic aesthetic. An old wooden crate, mason jar and vintage printer's tray were just some of the "props" we used.

kas hammin' it up for the camera

No comments: