Saturday, December 5, 2009

New art and the Christmas shopping begins...

Last night I went up to Squamish for the House of RTS gallery opening. It was a beautiful night for a drive. The moon was out and the skies were clear - the mountains looked gorgeous. Even in the darkness you could see their snow capped silhouettes towering over the valley. This was the first time I've driven up the Sea to Sky highway since they finished the 3 or 4 years worth of construction, widening the highway for the Olympic traffic that's expected in a couple of months. No more hairpin turns, no more getting stuck behind lumbering tour buses or on the flip side, being overtaken by Range Rovers with a death wish. It's four lanes almost the whole way from Horseshoe Bay to Squamish and it's a breeze.
But I digress. The show was the main point of the evening and it was fantastic. This gallery has brought together some great talent and I'm really happy to be a part of it. As I mentioned in a previous post, Josee St-Amour is the owner of the gallery and also has her work for display. I instantly gravitated to her paintings before I even knew they were hers. I never walk away from a show like that without finding something I must have, so I bought one of her pieces titled "Communication". If you're in the area and are in the mood to peruse some really great original art that's local (and affordable, I might add!) then swing by the House of RTS in Squamish.

communication by josee st-amour

No comments: