Monday, September 14, 2009

Tofino Time!

This week I'm heading off to the rugged west coast of Vancouver Island for a little time in one of my most favourite places, Tofino. The occasion is a very special one as one half of our little art and jewelry business will be getting married ! My business partner and best friend Kas will be wed at Middle Beach Lodge on Saturday and I couldn't be more excited. It's a small gathering, but not too small - 60 people - and it promises to be one of the most stylish weddings I've been to. I'll be certain to post photos here when I get back next week, but in the meantime here's a pair of cufflinks I designed for Nick, the groom. The photo inside was taken by Kas in Tofino so it's a very appropriate accessory for the day. This was the first set of cufflinks I've made so I'm crossing my fingers they hold their own. I'm bringing my emergency glue just in case!


finally something for the boys - fine silver picture boxes on sterling silver torpedo backings

2 comments:

lesley [smidgebox] said...

marie, those are gorgeous. gotta get some of those in the shop, great holiday gift :) have a fantastic time, i can't wait to see the pictures!

Marie Wyatt said...

thanks lesley, though as it turns out much of that emergency glue was sorely needed! i'll have to work out the kinks of this design before we start selling them!