Sunday, April 12, 2009

Tofino


morning light in Cathedral Grove

Just got back from a long weekend jaunt over to Vancouver Island, to the wild oceanside of beautiful Tofino. It was great. But fresh off the ferry and here I find myself perched at my computer again after a weekend "sans connection". So much for self control - in that I'd meant to put off my work brain until tomorrow morning when I actually have to go to work. What can I say? I'm hopeless. But really, it was an amazing weekend. Seldom do I experience relaxation to this degree. It isn't for lack of things to do in Tofino. There's plenty to keep you busy if that's what you want. But if what you want is to eat, nap, take a lazy walk on the beach, nap, eat and drink a few before you nap again for the night, well you won't feel one bit guilty for it. And that's pretty much how our weekend went. Yup, it was great.


Headlands at Middle Beach Lodge

2 comments:

lesley [smidgebox] said...

fantastic. beautiful pictures, makes me miss that ocean even more than i do every day. and i think that's the perfect way to spend a tofino weekend ;)

Hobo Divine said...

These are beautiful photos of Tofino!
This is why I miss BC!
You are a wonderful photographer (I can't take pictures to save my life!)