Friday, February 12, 2010

#4 - Flame


Phew! Day one of the Olympics and I just "escaped" the mob at the torch relay downtown. What an experience. I'm not usually agoraphobic, but I couldn't wait to get out of there.
I staked out the route a bit earlier and managed to get a spot right in front of the last torchbearer of the outdoor leg, a young aboriginal man who was nominated by his band to carry the Olympic flame. I think a few others caught on and soon I was joined by about 200 other eager photo snappers. I still managed to get a few good shots despite having committed a rookie mistake by not charging my camera battery last night. Thankfully, it allowed me 20 or so frames before completely pooping out.




These photos are from the relay today and the relay last night, as it passed through my neighbourhood in Kitsilano.











Tonight, I'm off to the pub to watch the opening ceremonies with friends and then do a little drunk wandering downtown. Should be interesting to see where tonight takes us!

No comments: